I have been SO busy! Mostly work, but we've started looking to buy a house, and it's taking up all my nerdy internerdy time! CRAZY!
So, I was tagged yonks ago by Anna Laura and more recently by Summer Pickles and even cutie Pink Milk.
My prob will be finding the new peeps to tag... hmmmm
First the rules:
A. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
B. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog....so off we go!!!
FACTS SLASH HABITS
1. As it was Summer Pickles who recently tagged me and she just got a DOG, I'll tell you that my favourite dogs are Staffordshire Bull Terriers, the beautiful black ones. We had one called Ziggy and she was my favourite pet of all time. I believe that when I meet other Staffies on the street, they know that I was friends with Ziggy and they are always really nice to me because of her.
2. I wrote my Honours thesis on David Lynch and hypertext theory. It was very 2001, and very bad, however I still got a pretty cool mark. For at least 2 years after I finished it, I had anxiety pangs because of how hard it was to write linearly as I found out through university that I am completely non linear and totally bad at academic work. TWO years of thesis anxiety after I finished it! A while after I met a young man who was writing his thesis on penguins on Phillip Island and I realised 'who cares' about my dumb thesis. But I still love David Lynch completely.
3. I love karaoke and most things Japanese actually, but karaoke above all. In 1994 I went to Japan on the regular school trip and sang karaoke for the first time in a room with friends and it was so weird but AMAZING! My main 'hit song' is 'I Will Survive' by Gloria Gaynor - it is a total party winner surprisingly. But last time I sang 'If I Could Turn Back Time' by Cher and everyone said that was the new showstopper. Hmmm? I also love sushi and cherry blossoms and most stuff japanesey!
4. I'm really good at life drawing I reckon! I really like form and curves, so women were my fave to draw. I never have time for classes, and am too boring to draw in my own time, but I'd like to imagine myself drawing and sketching clothes in the future to help my sewing. Hence my love of Project Runway.
5. A running joke with my friends is Anastasia Salamastrakis, she was our fave tv journalist when we were growing up, as she was only on regional news and had the coolest name we'd ever heard. You can read a sad tale that the ABC reported on in 2005, because I couldn't find a picture of her! Anyways, the story goes: One friend's dad would test you on how her name was spelt, and we'd just say her name a lot at high school, but when I travelled overseas I would tell people my name was Anastasia Salamastrakis so they'd leave me alone (hey I was a young blonde Aussie who got hassled a LOT!) and perhaps she's my inspiration in working in radio. Or maybe not!
6. I love Morrissey, and love his hair and his eyebrows. And of course I love mostly all of his songs (with the Smiths as well) even the daggy ones like Girlfriend in a Coma.
I have loads of facts and stories about Morrissey and I, but more recently I met the man who photographed Viva Hate (below) and I gushed! Better than meeting Morrissey himself as it was this first album I'd bought of Morrissey's and I sang it over and over and over to myself when I was little - perhaps I was 14?
7. Almost finished! Are you bored yet? I've never been to New York City but have watched mostly all of Woody Allen's back catalogue so I just know it's MY KINDA TOWN! We're going to move there soon enough!
8. I used to be addicted to The Sims, but had to take it off the computer as my own life was going down the BORING drain! My fave characters were Minka and Scotia and they got married and adopted a baby. Once or twice I was bad and they pee-ed their pants, but I never killed any of my Sims. My brothers's Sim characters died of starvation - the horror! I also used to talk like the sims to my flat mates - when you leave the house you say "su su!" NERDY!
AND YOUR TAGGED:
The Playground of Mischief
Honi Design - sorry babes - I know you've been tagged before
Lady Aimz Design
You guys are all my friends!!!
Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...
Darlings, today I have some double trouble darling dresses! Have you ever needed something sewn up super quickly because the weather calls ...
Happy Saturday! This week we've sunk into the Shanghai winter... a few extremely chilly days, with bad pollution and my son home with h...