Thought I'd show you where I'm at with the tablecloth dress, as part of my 'Amanda's Vintage Pattern Challenge' (where I make up some of Amanda's pattern collection):
The thrifted tablecloth was handmade, and after cutting it up, I realised it was kinda handmade unevenly into a circle. So as I cut the skirt bits using the existing hem of the tablecloth (a clever trick I came up with) there may be a little unevenness to that hem. Not so clever now, hey?
And as it's an older tablecloth (not quite barkcloth, kinda a heavy linen), I cut around some of the old stains, but found this on the bodice:
A threaded thing in the fabric. It's not a tear, but at least it makes this dress even more original now!
The front 'V' is just darling and wasn't as hard to sew up as I thought! Just fold under the edges and sew onto the bodice, topstitch style.
Happy Wednesday! Time to get some fabric inspiration from the Dongmen Lu Fabric Market here in Shanghai! Can't believe how quickly 201...
Darlings, today I have some double trouble darling dresses! Have you ever needed something sewn up super quickly because the weather calls ...
Happy Saturday! This week we've sunk into the Shanghai winter... a few extremely chilly days, with bad pollution and my son home with h...